It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:26 am


All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:44 am 

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:51 pm
Posts: 79
Windows installer:
http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/ch ... 2.0.13.msi

Windows portable:
http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/ch ... v2.0.13.7z

Mac OSX:
http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/Ch ... 2.0.13.pkg

Linux:
http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/ch ... .13.tar.gz

Changelog:
2.0.13
* Added support for Ei and Li transforms.
* Added support for pre_gaussian transform (loads as gaussian which does the same thing).
* Removed user name, user email etc.. text boxes from SettingsDialog
* Made number of render threads spinbox in settings dialog work.
* Tweaked the world editor window to allow the OpenGL widget to be resized a little smaller.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:11 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:02 am
Posts: 11
Thank you Nick!

I belong to a group of art-oriented users who require software to provide artistic and technically instantly acceptable results and intuitive work without the necessary mathematical knowledge. Other programs that have many features, but are often times impractical for the demanding professional graphic design and artwork.
I have two notes in this user-oriented area so far:

1. Automatic histogram for "photorealistic" results
However, I would very much like the introduction of an extremely important exponometric function in the form of an automatic histogram to ensure that there are no "overexposed" light and black spots. An important feature of "Highlight power" is not always a good result, in my opinion.

2. Auto Accelerated File Storage n + 1
I also think that many users would appreciate the ability to accelerate 1-click * .chaos, that is, results, e.g. from a "Random world generator". The "Save as n + 1" button in the top bar would be enough to save the file to the arithmetic series and possibly with the current time stamp (e.g.: 0005_YYMMDD_HHMMSS.chaos)
Thank you very much.
Best Regards,
S.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:58 pm 

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:03 pm
Posts: 101
As a user, I would strongly advocate against the 2nd suggestion.
Randoms have nothing to do with art, they are just a base for further tweaking, and it kind of diminuishes the work of people who actually put some effort in their fractals.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:40 am 

Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:30 am
Posts: 1
Thank you Nick for the betas

I just have tested the linux version and unfortunately it will not launch on Manjaro, I get the following command line output
Code:
[wesleys@wesley-pc chaotica_x64_v2.0.13]$ ./chaotica
Chaotica v2.0.13 (c) 2019 Glare Technologies Ltd.
https://chaoticafractals.com / support@glaretechnologies.com

dummyprogname: CommandLine Error: Option 'help-list' registered more than once!
LLVM ERROR: inconsistency in registered CommandLine options

likely that is not extremely helpful but I have no other useful information to provide (if you can think of anything im all ears)

on another note it does seem to work on Ubuntu but I couldn't find any options for opencl, is that not available on linux, or is it just because my laptop dosn't have a discreet card.

Anyway thanks for this awesome piece of software!


Top
Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:20 am 

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:03 am
Posts: 8
Hey very nice, could you please consider working on the finalfx affine? Doesn't show in my World Editor still.

Also if you could add back the sinusgrid transform that would be awesome.

All The Best,
technochroma
https://www.deviantart.com/technochroma


Top
Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:24 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:02 am
Posts: 11
Hi Nick,

One more important note: Please It is possible to add 16bit png export (for high quality color grading)?
Thank you very much.
Best regards,
S.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:52 pm 

Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 11:48 pm
Posts: 1
Any chance we can get Support for v1 licenses in v2 while it's in beta?
Looks great so far! :clap:

Sorry if this has been asked already, hadn't seen it.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:39 am 

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:51 pm
Posts: 79
Cinematographer wrote:
Thank you Nick!

2. Auto Accelerated File Storage n + 1
I also think that many users would appreciate the ability to accelerate 1-click * .chaos, that is, results, e.g. from a "Random world generator". The "Save as n + 1" button in the top bar would be enough to save the file to the arithmetic series and possibly with the current time stamp (e.g.: 0005_YYMMDD_HHMMSS.chaos)
Thank you very much.
Best Regards,
S.


I think something like this could be a good idea, probably post-Chaotica 2.0 though.
At least we provide the last saved file name in the Save-as dialog now, which makes doing this manually easier :)


Top
Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:41 am 

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:51 pm
Posts: 79
tatasz wrote:
As a user, I would strongly advocate against the 2nd suggestion.
Randoms have nothing to do with art, they are just a base for further tweaking, and it kind of diminuishes the work of people who actually put some effort in their fractals.


While I have the utmost respect for people who actually know how to deliberately create fractal patterns, automatic/random art is something Chaotica does very well already (IMO), and I'm happy to keep making it even better for that.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:42 am 

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:51 pm
Posts: 79
wes3161 wrote:
Thank you Nick for the betas

I just have tested the linux version and unfortunately it will not launch on Manjaro, I get the following command line output
Code:
[wesleys@wesley-pc chaotica_x64_v2.0.13]$ ./chaotica
Chaotica v2.0.13 (c) 2019 Glare Technologies Ltd.
https://chaoticafractals.com / support@glaretechnologies.com

dummyprogname: CommandLine Error: Option 'help-list' registered more than once!
LLVM ERROR: inconsistency in registered CommandLine options

likely that is not extremely helpful but I have no other useful information to provide (if you can think of anything im all ears)

on another note it does seem to work on Ubuntu but I couldn't find any options for opencl, is that not available on linux, or is it just because my laptop dosn't have a discreet card.

Anyway thanks for this awesome piece of software!


Hi,
Unfortunately this is a known problem with Chaotica (and in fact many other pieces of software that use the LLVM library) on Linux.
I don't know of any workarounds or solutions for it. It's due to a fundamental problem with how the Linux linker works I think.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net