http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/ch ... 2.0.23.msi

Windows portable:
http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/ch ... v2.0.23.7z

Mac OSX:
http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/Ch ... 2.0.23.pkg

Linux:
http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/ch ... .23.tar.gz

Changelog:
* Added Render > Render Animation menu command and Render Animation dialogue.
This command simplifies starting the animation render progress.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:30 am 

:worship: :clap: Thanks for the continuous updates!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:54 pm 

thank you for the addition.

is there a way to reset animation render?
when i start rendering but after a x amout of images decide to change the AA level to another setting rendering is continuing with image number x.
a reset button might help there.

also i love that i can navigate a lot of chaotica with the mouse wheel or arrow buttons.
the one section where i do not see this working is when selecting a transform type. once i selected one type it would be great to be able to use the arrow down button to select a different type

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:26 pm 

I would also love to be able to reset animation :arrow: :geek: basically just want all animation to go away and just go back to the very first frame and original fractal. Now I save a fractal... then when adding animation save another file so if I mess up.... I can open the first file.... but.... there are some renders that I didn;t save like this and it's a mess and just need it gone to start over.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:04 pm 

i am wondering, is there a way to resume animation.
say, i have my computer running for days but need to do a restart for some reason. is there a way to resume animation rendering and giving the option to continue from a specific frame?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:44 pm 

Yes, or at least how I do it is let's say I render 300 frames and get up to 150 and need to shutdown computer I later re-open and make sure SL is correct and then on the animation window go to frame 150 (or perhaps if 10 seconds long then go to to 5 second mark) and then enable batch rendering and it will render from frame 151 to 300 and finish.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:04 pm 

mephisto wrote:
say, i have my computer running for days but need to do a restart for some reason. is there a way to resume animation rendering and giving the option to continue from a specific frame?

Just pause, reboot or bluescreen, drag animation timeline slider or set desired frame in box next to it, then start rendering animation as usual.

Some of the things take time to learn but they make sense.
Rendering video after animations finishes seems to be suitable only for a preview video. Frames should be imported into video editor as image sequence to get desired whatever.

As for wrap function, would it be possible to have it per parameter? Or have option to ignore the wrap function. This is because not all changes in fractal is wrap friendly the way how it is handled right now.

Another idea to overcome is to have option for "teleport" for wrap for numbers. This is because in structured fractal animations, for example, you can have transform bipolar which looks the same at 0 and 2 and having wrap on it will first go from 0 to 2 and then back 1.9.. 1.7.. 1.4.. 0.7.. until at 0 again when it should just go 0 -> 2 -> 0. Same can be applied to when moving pre_affine of transform Modulus.

And this is problem when animating actual fractals than random batch chaos.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:41 am 

Boxy wrote:
mephisto wrote:

Just pause, reboot or bluescreen, drag animation timeline slider or set desired frame in box next to it, then start rendering animation as usual.

Some of the things take time to learn but they make sense.

thank you i did not know that was possible :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:31 am 

Hi, i have a problem and a question.
First, can i use my license for beta versions?
and second, i can not open the portable version for windows. . The archive has errors.

Many thanks for this fantastic work!

Steffen

ps: It is possible to use other archive formats as 7z? The good old zip is interesting for windows, because it is integrated in the explorer in my mind!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:06 am 

Same as steto123 : can I use my current licence for this? or is the max resolution locked for the moment ?
Cant find any info anywhere on this and Ive googled, binged, sent out carrier pigeons and even called a friend . . .

Offline Profile