It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:05 am 

I've been playing around with Chaotica, and one of the most interesting things about it IMO, is the ability to animate fractals.
I think Chaotica would work really well inside the After Effects framework, where things like cameras, keyframe interpolation and timelines already exist and are easy to work with. It's probably a pretty big project porting Chaotica to an AE plugin, but it would open up a lot of cool options!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:40 am 

tbh that sounds a bit of a waste for me, as most likely will remove most of the creative possibilities of chaotica (else it would be a creep of a plugin with way too many options).
I rather see the devs polishing the animation editor =D so we can animate stuff easier and export to whatever software we like =D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:53 am 
Site Admin

I'd actually love to have Chaotica as an After Effects plugin, but as tatasz said it's a lot of dev work and the standalone Chaotica UI needs a good bit of TLC before investing effort elsewhere.

Actually, since Nuke is now free for noncommercial use, that's looking quite attractive as well...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:59 pm 

I just wanted to entertain the idea, but I'm glad to hear you already thought of it! Hope to see it sometime in the future :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

I should maybe drop a note in this thread on fractal forums: http://www.fractalforums.com/programmin ... /#msg82837

Offline Profile