It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:24 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Chaotica 2.0 issues
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:58 am 

I am currently using Windows 10 with a 6700k and a GTX 1070, FYI. There are a lot of issues with Mac apparently, too. Resetting the layout or reinstalling didn't fix these issues, by the way.

1) I can't activate double precision, nothing happens when I click the box with OpenCL active.

2) I can't edit the curves.

3) The world editor doesn't always work. It opens fine upon starting a new world but if I close it and then re-open it I get a blank gray square where the iterator plane should be.

4) Not sure if this affects everyone but multiple people's license privileges have been reduced or taken away. Myself and a couple of other people have resolution and animation restrictions.

5) I can't change render intensity.

6) The editor window is too big. I can only resize it so much, whereas the last version of chaotica allowed indefinite shrinkage of the window. The new window is too big for me to see the full render preview AND be able to see the full editor window. I need to have the editor window dragged so far to the top/bottom/side so that a lot of it gets cut off to be able to see the render preview, I can't look at both at the same time anymore.

I think that's everything I've experienced. I'll let you know if something else comes up or if I find a fix.

PS: Sorry if this is a repost. I got a no internet error when I hit submit and when I reloaded my page it said I can't make another post so soon, so I don't know if the first one went through.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Chaotica 2.0 issues
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:03 am 

Hi Jackeroni,

2) Which curves are you referring to? Palette curves?

3) Fixed for next builds.

4) You will need a chaotica 2 licence. They will be available soon.

6) Do you mean the World editor window?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:22 am 

Double precision OpenCL (GPU) rendering is fixed for next build (hopefully).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:33 am 

@Nick sorry for the late response. These issues were all for 2.01 I believe so they've probably all been fixed since then, I have yet to try out 2.07. But I meant the response curve graph was... unresponsive. The one underneath the brightness/gamma/vibrancy etc options, had no effect when I tried to edit the curves, the line wouldn't move when clicked and dragged the mouse around like usual.

As for the world editor window, multiple people were having this problem. When going to window>world editor, all the options required for making and changing a fractal were sometimes there the first time but were absent if this window was closed and then reopened. It was blank where the iterators and variation options should have been.

And thanks for letting me know about the license, I didn't know that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:38 am 

Update: The editor is working fine now but clicking and dragging the orange nodes on the response curve graph still does nothing, at least not for me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:51 am 

Oh and none of the curve graphs are working for me apparently. Hue, saturation, value, or response.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:55 am 

Jackeroni wrote:
Update: The editor is working fine now but clicking and dragging the orange nodes on the response curve graph still does nothing, at least not for me.

That's weird, it works fine here.
It only updates the image when the mouse button is released, are you expecting it to update during dragging?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:54 am 

No. Doesn't work at all for me. Maybe I have some kind of incompatibility? It works fine in 1x versions but so far I've had no luck with it in 2.01, 2.02, or 2.07.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:54 am 

I've been using the mobile versions by the way, if that matters. Windows 10 64-bit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:58 am 

And it's not just that the curves don't affect the image, it's that I can't use the curve graphs at all. When I click and drag the orange nodes they don't move. The bar is always a straight line and never changes. I can move around and zoom out of the graphs but that's the extent of the interaction I can have with it. The nodes are firmly stuck in place.

Offline Profile