It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:32 pm 

I've been a Chaotica user for almost two years -- love it and I love the advances with version 2. Awesome work.

I do, however, keep encountering a bug that's driving me insane. I hope I can explain it properly and I hope this is the right place to post this.

I mostly do animations. Frequently I'll have a nice animation set up, with several a few transformations changing value over time. All is well....and then I hit Undo just once...... and it erases almost all of my animation settings. For example, I may have a y=0, x=90.......to y=360, x=450 on three different transforms. I make a bunch of other random adjustments, but the moment I hit undo on a completely unrelated adjustment, my settings turn to y=0, x=0 and no animation at all.

Secondly, and it's totally related...
Often I will set up an animation sequence -- maybe just some rotations over time or something. I will save the world, but the animation isn't saved at all. Just like above, often my settings (simple or complex) will just reset to some useless value. The .chaos file I saved shows the time length and the fps, but none of the transformations over time are saved.

When working on an animation, especially a long one, I just have to keep Chaotica open while I'm designing and all the way through the rendering process (which can be days) and pray that my computer doesn't shut down or reboot for some reason.

I would love to make a video showing this issue, but I'm rendering right now and don't dare interrupt until it's done because I will have lost hours of work because I can't save the files.

I'm very familiar with the animation editor and how it works. It's a huge step over earlier versions. My above issues aren't because I don't get the editor. It's actually something else weird going on :)

Oh...and as a side note for a recommendation for any new version.... Please allow the licensing to somehow allow me to temporarily install Chaotica on a render farm computer so I can render stuff in hours rather than days :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:54 pm 

Hi,
Looks like undo on the anim editor is a bit broken. Will fix :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:27 pm 

Nick wrote:
Hi,
Looks like undo on the anim editor is a bit broken. Will fix :)

Thanks!! Will this also fix the issue of saving and retaining the animation settings? That's probably a bigger issue. Even if the undo isn't working well, at least a good saved copy (saved frequently) can rescue hours of work when things go awry :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:14 pm 

Ok this stuff should be fixed in 2.0.16: https://www.chaoticafractals.com/node/1 ... f=2&t=3054

Let me know if it's not.

Thanks for the reports!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:56 pm 

Thanks...downloading now

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:47 am 

Seems to be working perfectly now -- thanks!!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:39 pm 

Has the problem of persisting animation info back again. My xml only shows

<real name="anim_length">3</real>
<real name="anim_fps">30</real>
<real name="anim_exposure_time">0.0333</real>
<string name="anim_exposure_shape">uniform</string>

Nothing else is saved.
Thanks

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:06 pm 

Follow-up to the above request and fix where the user notes his animation transformations were not saved.

I have a reverse request; I need a way to reset the animation and remove all of the transformations along the timeline and delete all of the animation settings from the world.

I am not seeing any option to do that. I searched the online instructions and also googled how to reset Chaotica animation and got zero hits. Lastly I searched these forums to no avail.

So... how do you delete all of your keyframes and reset the animation completely?

thanks
jmelon

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:13 am 

Hi,

In support of the request above, I would also like (need) to know how to reset an animation completely in an easy way.

Thanks,
Marc V

Offline Profile