It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:09 am 

Yeah, that's the downside of an online license. You have to be online to check. I haven't had any issues launching it offline, but then again, I'm mostly online. Quickest way to get license support is to send an email. I've had to do it a time or two. They should be able to convert you back to a hardware license.

As for your windows troubles, Anytime you get issues like that there's a couple things you can try, and one nuclear option. You might try backing up all your files, logging in with a local admin account, and then deleting your profile and then recreating it. Usually when you have association issues, it's either tied to group policy (if you're on a domain) or more likely the profile getting corrupted. Without knowing your setup exactly, I can't really recommend anything else. The nuclear option is to wipe the machine and re-install from scratch. I've had to do that a time or two with various versions of chaotica. There was one version down the line that just hated my GPU and would lock up instantly. The most recent version has been solid though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:17 pm 

I'm still stuck with a licensing issue that won't go away. Whenever I launch C on the new machine I have to manually re-log to the server (provide p/w) to authenticate the license. This sucks because many times I'm working off-the grid in a north-woods cabin and I"m throttled down to the unlicensed max file size that is enforced in demo mode.

I would really like to get a hardware based license so this doesn't keep happening. I'm sick of having to logon just to be able to use the software.

Does anyone have tech support contact info. I'd like to get a resolution to this licensing issue. I've tried contacting Glare via email several times, but no response. Is Chaotica now an orphan program with no support whatsoever?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:44 pm 

support@glaretechnologies.com

Email them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:53 pm 
Site Admin

Hmm, it seems a bit odd to explicitly change your licence type to online licensing and then expect it to work offline... but anyway, I can change your licence, if you DM me your licence info.

Offline Profile