It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:19 am 

I have my Chaotica installed on my D drive and went to use it for a project but it deactivated itself. I emailed the owner or seller (unsure about this) but am not getting a reply.

I have my license key and it's the same OS same everything but it won't activate. I already paid for the studio on my Mac and can ill afford to pay for the program again for my PC. I've not broken any rules of the Eula.

I've no idea how this happened but suspect it 'might' be a cleaning program as my onOne suite had the same issue and that's what the techs thought had done it.

Is there anyone here who knows the creators email address of Chaotica? I used something at indigorenderer or some such address and am wondering if he got my email.

If anyone has any clue as to how to activate the program again, please tell me - I'm lost! =|

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:51 pm 

The support mail is: support@glaretechnologies.com btw, it is in the manual.
They may still get the indigorenderer one, as indigo is their other product.
(just in case, while they MAY work on weekends, one cannot expect them to do so, so if you wrote them like friday, they may just answer today ^^)

How long have you been waiting for a reply from support?

Also, if your mail was similar to what is written here, you may want to add more details, like print screens of error messages etc. Also, explain what the D drive would be (a partition on your computer, an external disc?)

Also, as far as i know, chaotica licenses are bound to some hardware key, and while i´m not sure, i have a feeling you are trying to use it on different computers?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:55 pm 

Excuse me, but accusing someone of trying to install a program on a different computers is offensive to say the least.
1. I have an iMac
2. I have a PC.

My D Drive is a separate disk where I put most programs as I use an SSD for the system.

I sent my actual license key with data in a .rar file to them.

Having said that, this is now all moot. I bought the program again as it kicks my fans up too high on my iMac and I kind of don't want to risk overheating.

But please, keep your accusations to yourself when someone comes asking for assistance.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:03 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, sorry about the lack of email reply, we're usually pretty good at those; to which address did you send the mail?

The chaotica licence is for a single computer, however if you can assure us that only one is used at a time I can create a 2nd licence for your other computer.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:11 pm 

LadonnaAna wrote:
Excuse me, but accusing someone of trying to install a program on a different computers is offensive to say the least.
1. I have an iMac
2. I have a PC.

My D Drive is a separate disk where I put most programs as I use an SSD for the system.

I sent my actual license key with data in a .rar file to them.

Having said that, this is now all moot. I bought the program again as it kicks my fans up too high on my iMac and I kind of don't want to risk overheating.

But please, keep your accusations to yourself when someone comes asking for assistance.

I´m not accusing you of anything, in fact, was just trying to help another user.

As far as I know, chaotica licenses are somehow bound to hardware. So, i suppose the licensing may not work, since your license stuff is somehow bound to hardware, when you install it on your separate disc, and then try running on different computers.
As I understand, that is exactly what you tried to do. Sorry, maybe my english is bad and I didn´t understand your posts.

At any rate, I am sorry for trying to help.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:24 pm 

Tatasz I'm sorry. I did misunderstand your English. I thought you were saying I was trying to install it on more than one computer. Please accept my apology.

Sincerely,
Ana

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:28 pm 

LadonnaAna wrote:
Tatasz I'm sorry. I did misunderstand your English. I thought you were saying I was trying to install it on more than one computer. Please accept my apology.

Sincerely,
Ana

Not a big deal... =)
Just wanted to say that its kinda tricky. Just check manual and it is indeed bound to your hardware, so even if you uninstall it and then install on a different computer, it will not work: you would need to request a license reset to get a new license bound to the new computer:

http://chaoticafractals.com/manual/gett ... activation

See that it is bound to your processor etc, not just the disc where it is installed.

Hmmm maybe some manual improvement ideas here, highlighting that so its easier for people in the future ^^

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:36 pm 

lycium wrote:
Hi, sorry about the lack of email reply, we're usually pretty good at those; to which address did you send the mail?

The chaotica licence is for a single computer, however if you can assure us that only one is used at a time I can create a 2nd licence for your other computer.

Hi Lycium,

I think I sent it to the wrong address as it was something @ indigorenderer with a .rar attachment that contains my old licence key.

I said in the email it wasn't the only program this had happened to - it was also my onOne suite which they looked into and got me to install on my C Drive. However, I don't think that was the issue, I think it was me using a cleaning program 'glarey utilities' or something like that - I'm on iPad at the moment and not near my computer to check - because I had to reinstall office the other day, and I had used that cleaning program. Not anymore I'm not!

Anyway, I did buy the program again so there's no need for you to give me another key as the iMac key gets downloaded through the Mac App Store and is very stable, but I do huge renders and it heats up a bit too much. (Probably in my mind). So the only other computer I have is the PC and that one has the new Chaotica on it and was the one that I found deactivated when I went to render an image 4500px X 3500 px. The new one activated fine :)

I think I'll just chalk this up to my own obsessive cleaning! :shock:

Offline Profile