It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:53 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:24 pm 

Hello everyone!

I have just started playing around with multiple fractal programs such as Apophysis-7x and Chaotica. In most fractal generation programs you have to click a render button and set up the rendering options there. However I noticed that in Chaotica, the software seems to be constantly rendering and updating the image every so often.

Now my question is: How can I get my fractals to a level of rendering quality similar to when you typically render in Apophysis? Do I just have to wait untill the "preview" is at the quality level that I like?

Thank you!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:14 pm 

timetravell wrote:
Hello everyone!

I have just started playing around with multiple fractal programs such as Apophysis-7x and Chaotica. In most fractal generation programs you have to click a render button and set up the rendering options there. However I noticed that in Chaotica, the software seems to be constantly rendering and updating the image every so often.

Now my question is: How can I get my fractals to a level of rendering quality similar to when you typically render in Apophysis? Do I just have to wait untill the "preview" is at the quality level that I like?

Thank you!

If you do it correctly, you will hopefully never get the "quality" you get in apo renders =)
As for rendering:

How progressiv rendering works: http://www.chaoticafractals.com/manual/ ... _rendering

Some rendering tips: http://www.chaoticafractals.com/manual/rendering-faq

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:52 am 
Site Admin

Chaotica renders to far higher quality than Apophysis, and faster too; it's indeed just a matter of waiting until the image is clean enough (you can press F5 at any time to update the displayed image) before saving.

If the image seems low quality, please make sure you're looking at it 1:1 and not zoomed out/in.

Offline Profile