It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:28 am 

Hello.

I always loved Chaotica and I recently purchased the 2.0 version.
I'm currently using it on an M1 mac mini, and despite this processor being 3x faster than my old PC in x64 emulation (It is even faster with native software) I'm finding Chaotica to be extremely slow.
With regards to this I have 3 questions:

*Is a native M1 version being developed?

*Is there some setting I'm missing to improve performance? For example how should I set up this panel /there are 2 apple M1 listed)?Image

*How can I save the settings on startup so that I do not need to change the resolution, render settings, numer of iterators and so on each time?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Cheers

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:06 am 

Ok, I can confirm the software works extremely slower than my old intel mac, which was 1/3rd of the CPU power in emulation (with native apps this CPU is more like 6 times faster).
It's borderline unusable.
Is there any active development made into updating this app to the Apple Silicon platform?

Thank you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:22 pm 

We're not currently working on a M1 port but I guess we can start working on it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:43 pm 

Nick wrote:
We're not currently working on a M1 port but I guess we can start working on it.

Thank you Nick.
Even having a beta available somewhen in the next months would be lovely; I don't mind having paid for the license early on...I'll have the key available when the software will be made available for apple silicon.

I really believe in the Chaotica project and I wish you the best in the development of an M1 version.
Considering I have an M1 and a licensed version of Chaotica, please let me know if I can provide any assistance with log files, information about how the software works and other things.
Anything I could do to make the development a bit speedier would be most welcome.

Have a happy 2021, Nick!
Cheers :)

Offline Profile