It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:24 pm 

Hey everybody,

Sorry if this is obvious, but I have a question about selling prints of my pictures for example in the DeviantArt Print store or on Redbubble.
For the free version it says ''free for noncommercial use'' but I couldn't really find an explanation on what that really means.

Do I need to purchase a specific License first or can I just straight up sell everything that I make?

Thanks in advance for your help :D

~

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:49 am 

I'm not a lawyer but "Free for non-commerical use" seems a pretty standard way to say you cannot sell the software itself or use it to make money with. In this case I'd guess that if you want to sell anything made with it you would need to buy a license for the product and not use the free version.

Jeff

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:32 pm 

Speaking of legality and selling art, can I use Chaotica to create art to be used for professional goals? I mean, I'm supposed to do 3D models of some villas for sale in Antibes for my company, and make them look "inhabited", and my first versions include pictures made with Chaotica hanging on the walls :oops: so, can I keep it as is, or should I buy the license/change the pictures and put something else instead? I was worried about author rights if I used well known art and figured I'd give my own work their moment of fame instead.

Last edited by JastrebJ21 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:35 am 

Again I'd say that if you using as part of professional commercial work and/or are making money selling something which includes components made with Chaotica, even if it is a small part of it, then you are using it commercially i.e. I think you'd need to buy a license.

Jeff

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:26 pm 

Okay, thanks for precising that, I'll use free images then.

Offline Profile