It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:12 pm 

I have some worlds that I haven't used for a really long time. They open fine in Chaotica 2, but they crash upon opening in Chaotica 1, which I used to make them. I've made sure that I have all the plugins and that they're working correctly. I don't know what's wrong. I have several worlds made from the same original one and none of them are working. I only used linear 3d, blob, and flux.

The reason I need them to work in C1 is because someone that doesn't have Chaotica 2 asked me for the parameters.

https://pastebin.com/FEg3FtAf

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:18 pm 

Edit: There are other worlds based on other parameters that also don't work that only use linear, foci, and falloff2. So the plugins aren't the problem, and it's not a crash due to performance strain.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:31 am 

I'm not support -- but it looks like they mostly ignore questions here. I can take a stab at your answer (because I was checking in to see if they were still not answering my questions too lol).

C2 introduced a large number of functions/algorithms not found in C1. Unfortunately nearly every C2 world will remain incompatible with C1 :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:27 pm 

@DoctorChaos Holy moly, sorry for the really late reply. I think you misunderstood. The worlds were made in Chaotica 1, before Chaotica 2 even came out. In fact, it was when Chaotica 1 was still a work in progress and had been updated a couple of times since the worlds in question were made.

I have all the plugins that these worlds used for Chaotica 1 but for some reason Chaotica 1 just crashes now. There isn't really an issue here. I don't mind rendering the 5 or so worlds that are probably about a year old in Chaotica 2.

I was just curious about why they'd stop working in the program they were made with and what would cause it to crash. It's not a hardware issue, as all the worlds were set at a low res with 1 AA on.

Offline Profile