It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:57 pm 

Hi to everybody! :)
I'm a long-time fractal lover (coming from Ultra Fractal, Apophysis, Chaoscope, ...), but a first-time Chaotica user, so I came here looking for hints to exploit all its potential.

I played around a bit with the latest 2.0.12 beta version and I have some questions:
  • Is it possible to load/save the current palette to reuse it for other worlds?
  • Can a palette be globally rotated to make colors cycle through the fractal instead of fiddling with Color speed?
  • I think that changing the Imaging panel parameters does not automatically trigger the render update... am I wrong? The same happens even when changing Stopping SL value.
  • When I generate a batch of random worlds and I close the Parameter Browser window, is there a way to view the last batch again instead of generating a new one losing the previous one?
  • What is the practical difference between Sampling Level and Iteration Depth?

Just a side note, I installed Chaotica v2 on Linux Mint 19.1 and I noticed that panel icons were changed from v1, but I think that they worse than before, they cannot be easily distinguished. I took a screenshot, on the left the new version (light icons) and on the right the old version (dark icons).

Thanks!

Offline Profile