It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: GPU Beta
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:00 pm 

Can't find anything definitive but I'm 99% sure that GPU functionality haven't gone live yet. BUt I came across this: https://boxtail.deviantart.com/art/Clams-488829353

which seems to imply there's a beta that has GPU functionality out there somewhere. Does anyone know where this is/if I could get a hold of it? I was going to purchase the full version but I'd like to do HD video renders and I'm not sure if the software will be what I need if I can't utilize my GPU... but if there is GPU, even just beta, access on purchase I'd do it in a hearbeat.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: GPU Beta
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, sorry for the super late reply :S

The next version with GPU rendering has been in testing for quite some time; there are also some other ambitious features planned and nearly finished, but the emphasis now is on just getting the GPU support out there. I'm afraid I can't give you an ETA but there will surely be updates closer to the time.

Thanks for your interest, and I hope you will check out the rendering speed of the CPU version as well - it's not half bad with modern multicore CPUs, and GPUs are only fast for 32bit floating point while the CPU always uses 64 bit floating point. Some parameters really need 64 bit precision, so GPU rendering will unlikely be a cure-all (unless you get super expensive NVIDIA Quadro/Tesla or AMD FirePro GPUs).

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: GPU Beta
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:47 pm 

Hello,

Is this still in development?
Or is Chaotica a dead product?

Offline Profile