It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:35 pm 

Hi there. I'm a new user and in my first animation tests I accept the default Stopping SL value of 8, select the output folder and click on OK.

Result: Nothing gets written to the output folder. It doesn't even appear to have trigger the animation render.

I go back to the Render Animation dialog and change the SL value to 3 and everything kicks in and the animation renders, but with an SL value of 3, ergo very coarse.... not what I'm looking for.

I can't seem to render any animation with an SL value of >3. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm not seeing?

Thanks!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:05 pm 

Hello.
Getting to SL 3 is fast. With every level it takes x2 the time to render.
So if it took you 6 seconds to render 1 frame to SL 3, Rendering to SL 8 will take you 6x2x2x2x2x2 = 192 seconds = 3.2 minutes. It does render though, and it says so at the bottom of the program on the status line.

Also, when the Stopping SL is checked, you won't get a visual render until the frame is completely rendered. That is done to not waste time by updating the image a lot, because it does waste time, especially when saving many frames. It only wastes seconds when rendering one image, but when you render an animation it can amount to minutes, hours, or even days in extreme circumstances. Instead of wasting that time, you get maximum speed of pure rendering.
Instead of updating the image you can see how long the render of the frame is going to take on the status line.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:18 am 

I too am having trouble with this. If I switch open CL off then it works, albeit slooowwwly :D

Does anyone think that Chaotica is still being developed? I really hope so!

Offline Profile