It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Greetings
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:49 pm 

I had posted this as a test but now that it has been approved I'll edit this to be my re-introduction topic :)

I discovered Chaotica late 2106 and by early 2017 I had decided to purchase the Studio license, and I have been using it ever since to create fractal animations to accompany my music.

The reason for raising my head again here is because I have finally bit the bullet and upgraded to V2.

Up until last night I have been using V2 to render a number of projects that I had already created with V1. Then last night I had a mess with the V2, getting to grips with the new interface and settings.

Some great additions and new abilities with V2. Though there are some things that I am not 100% happy with, but only because I generally create ten minute long videos and I had to do a lot of panning and zooming in the animation editor window.

In fact I was thinking at one point that I could really do with getting a second monitor. I had one, but it broke last year and I couldn't justify the cost of a new one.

Anyway, I'm going to hit submit now, even though I have loads to chat about... I need to pace myself :D

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Greetings
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:11 pm 

Hey Andy, nice to meet you! I checked out your YouTube channel, but I didn't see any Chaotica animations. Curious about what you come up with! I have been exploring animation myself, but have yet to create an animation for a full length song.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:28 pm 

Hello, Rachel,

thanks for the welcome :)

Yes, I can understand why you didn't find any!

I went off on a Blender trip, which took me away from Chaotica for quite a while. Blender is a difficult piece of software to learn from scratch.

My last Choatica one, and perhaps my favourite, is this one,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtvtu1BMy8M

I consider myself to be very much a dabbler and have yet to come up with anything jaw dropping.

But I feel that I prefer to have some kind of video to accompany my music, rather than a still image, and Chaotica is a great tool for that.

I can't remember the details of what I did for that one but if you are interested I could post the chaos file here so that you can have a look at it.

While I am typing I browsed to you Bandcamp page... Lovely music... much nicer than my boring drone stuff haha! Proper music :)

cheers

andy

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:18 pm 

Hi again :)
I'll invite you once again to the Fractal Chats Discord server because I see you want to share the .chaos file, and I wanted to say there's a channel inside our server dedicated exactly for sharing parameters and sending files back and forth, seeing what people can come up with playing with your parameters.

https://discord.gg/V2QnCaBJdx

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:34 pm 

thank you for the invite, imminiman :)

I will hold on that for now, if you don't mind. I am not that comfortable with live chat website and prefer the slightly slower environment of a forum.

cheers,

andy :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:34 am 

imminiman wrote:
Hi again :)
I'll invite you once again to the Fractal Chats Discord server

Curiosity got the better of me and I joined the discord for a quick look, so, thanks for that.

Not sure if it will be the place for me. I have found discord to be great for quick chats and shares but terrible for keeping track of a single focussed question or topic. Which is why I prefer forums.

I just wish this place was a little bit more active......

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:23 pm 

Yeah, forums are nice. You do get used to the discord after a while though. Poke me anytime, I'd be happy to chat.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:20 pm 

Pugnacious wrote:
Yeah, forums are nice. You do get used to the discord after a while though. Poke me anytime, I'd be happy to chat.

Thanks, Pugnacious :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:13 pm 

Thanks for your feedback on my music, Andy. I'm glad you took the time to listen to it. I really enjoy your drone music. Very calming! Also, the fractal animation you made for Promethium was beautiful.

Andy, I wish these forums were more active, too. The problem is I never receive notifications when someone responds to my posts, so I tend to forget about the forum...

Last edited by reblandon on Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:46 pm 

Hi, Rachel :)

reblandon wrote:
Thanks for your feedback on my music, Pugnacious. I'm glad you took the time to listen to it. I really enjoy your drone music. Very calming! Also, the fractal animation you made for Promethium was beautiful.

Thank you for watching and listening to my Promethium video :D

Drone music is a funny thing... many get bored after a couple of minutes, or simply don't get it at all.

cheers

andy

Offline Profile