Chaotica Fractals Forum
https://www.chaoticafractals.com/forum/

Mandelbrot Clouds
https://www.chaoticafractals.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3876
Page 1 of 1

Author:  reblandon [ Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Mandelbrot Clouds

This piece was popular on my Facebook and Instagram, so I decided to share it here. :seala: Feel free to ask questions about how this fractal was generated. Thanks for looking. :)

Attachment:
mandelbrot_clouds_sm.png
mandelbrot_clouds_sm.png [ 1.22 MiB | Viewed 6718 times ]

Author:  V4Ri3NT [ Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mandelbrot Clouds

Wow! Stunning!

Author:  reblandon [ Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mandelbrot Clouds

Thank you!

Author:  andy [ Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mandelbrot Clouds

Nice work, Rachel :)

I had a good browse around your Deviant Art website... Mesmerising...

I see you also use Apophysis. I did try that application, and I still have it installed. But I found that once I started using Chaotica I quickly lost interest in Apo, even though it does some fantastic stuff. I just found the GUI hard work.

Same with JWildfire, which I used for a time, and is what I used for my main music project logo. I have yet to work out how to create that same fractal with Choatica.

cheers

andy

Author:  imminiman [ Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mandelbrot Clouds

Really nice work! You're both welcome to join the Fractal Chats Discord server to chat about fractals :) The community is really great there!

https://discord.gg/V2QnCaBJdx

Author:  reblandon [ Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mandelbrot Clouds

andy wrote:
Nice work, Rachel :)

I had a good browse around your Deviant Art website... Mesmerising...

I see you also use Apophysis. I did try that application, and I still have it installed. But I found that once I started using Chaotica I quickly lost interest in Apo, even though it does some fantastic stuff. I just found the GUI hard work.

Same with JWildfire, which I used for a time, and is what I used for my main music project logo. I have yet to work out how to create that same fractal with Choatica.

cheers

andy


Thanks, Andy! I no longer using Apophysis. While I love the 3D capabilities (which Chaotica sadly lacks), Chaotica's render output is much higher quality. I feel that I have much better control of my fractals overall than when I was using Apophysis.

I don't know much about JWildfire, but since the software is based on fractal flames, I'm assuming the basic operations are the same. It's not too difficult to duplicate behaviors in Chaotica.

I'd be happy to help if you need it.

Author:  reblandon [ Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mandelbrot Clouds

imminiman wrote:
Really nice work! You're both welcome to join the Fractal Chats Discord server to chat about fractals :) The community is really great there!

https://discord.gg/V2QnCaBJdx


Thanks for the invite! I joined your server, although I have to admit I don't use Discord very often...

Author:  andy [ Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mandelbrot Clouds

reblandon wrote:
Thanks, Andy! I no longer using Apophysis. While I love the 3D capabilities (which Chaotica sadly lacks), Chaotica's render output is much higher quality. I feel that I have much better control of my fractals overall than when I was using Apophysis.


I agree, I don't think I would ever bother using Apo again... Or Jwildfire for that matter. Chaotica does everything I need it to, especially for animation.

cheers

andy

Author:  Marin [ Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mandelbrot Clouds

I like it very much!

How did you do that hexagons?

Author:  reblandon [ Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mandelbrot Clouds

Marin wrote:
I like it very much!

How did you do that hexagons?


Thank you! I made the hexagons using the depth_ngon transform.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/