It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:15 pm 

Hi,

I posted here a few weeks ago explaining a lot of interface issues I'm having. The post is still under review (or vanished???) and I'm not going to explain it in details again, so here's my issue:

Every time I open Chaotica, all my "graphs" windows are black, nothing works and I must close and reopen the software.
It also seems that it doesn't support working with 2 monitors well (causing glitches similar to those mentioned above)

Best Regards

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:38 pm 

Do you use desktop scaling higher than 100%? I reported a similar issue.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:05 pm 

Yeah I'm at 175% (I work with 4k monitors).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:57 am 

That would be why. Mine behaves horribly on 4k screens. I emailed them a bug report a while back.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:27 pm 

Came looking for help after buying a new laptop that came with Windows 11 pre-installed. This described the problem I was having in Chaotica and prompted me to check magnification in Windows. It was set to 125%. I reduced it to 100% and the issues with Chaotica immediately cleared up. Posted here in case anyone else comes looking for help thinking Windows 11 is the problem. :-D

Thanks!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:40 pm 

Hey,
It's been over a year since update came and was just wondering what's the situation with 16 bit image support?
Working with massive renders, compression doesn't do any good.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:16 am 

Hello. I have two questions regarding animations.

1) The animation feature renders really nice, clean frames. However upon encoding and saving to .mp4 https://sta.sh/01gtqg1ch2mz the resulting video out of Chaotica is choppy, with artifacts and blurry edges. My workaround is VirtualDub. This occurs at anything at or above 1080 square. Do you have any recommendations on what I can troubleshoot for this to get a clean export from Chaotica? Or are there still some improvements slated for the animation feature?

It looks like maybe it's an issue with the compression or codec somehow, right? Anyway I am gearing up to make another animation and it would kind of be a shame if I couldn't render it at its native 16:9 ratio.

2) Re: the Animation Curve Editor. When I set my "keyframes" in the past the animation's visual transitions were smooth, but now it seems like the transitions speed up and slow down depending on how far or near the next keyframe is. Is there something I should be doing with the curves to eliminate this? Do you have any tips on how to make a smooth transition without editing individual frames?

What I normally did was rotate an affine at a target keyframe for the total amount I would want it to rotate or move in the animation since the last keyframe. This used to make a nice smooth rotation (as in Disc Hunter.) When I tried this with Night Prism https://sta.sh/0zr9s4rkd9z the effect was not the same.

Help is definitely appreciated when you have the time, as these issues are kind of impacting my fractal creativity, but until then I have some painting planned with nice new detail brushes and acrylics.

Cheers,

technochroma

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:22 pm 

Apologies for asking, but is development for the program dead?
I'm only asking to correctly set my expectations, as no news about any sort of update was shared since February 2021.
Also I'd like to know if any active development in creating an Apple Silicon native app is being made.

Thank you very much.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:01 am 

I guess development for this software is dead...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:02 pm 

It's not dead, just slow at this point.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next