https://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/c ... v2.2.2.msi

Windows portable:
https://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/c ... _v2.2.2.7z

Mac OSX:
https://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/C ... _2.2.2.pkg

Linux:
https://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/c ... 2.2.tar.gz

Changelog:
* Fixed inclusion of presets with windows installer.
* Added Log window (Tools > Show log). Printing various messages there as well as to standard out (console).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:13 pm 

Another Flameling jumps up the beta-train.^^
Actually I don't use betas anymore but Chaoticas recently added features are just too seductive. ;)

.. and they work fine .. so far.
1. names in transform-browser: great!

2. presets menu and ability to load and save them: very useful!
.. buuut: currently always (all?) render and imaging settings are saved, right?
Some kind of checkboxes (or something similiar) that can be un/checked for imaging and render settings separately when saving a preset would be nice. I wonder if it would be possible.
In very most cases I don't want any imaging settings (cause they are usually individual for every single flame) but 'quick access' to different image resolutions and/or aspect ratios. I'd assume the .chaoticapreset-file could be edited by hand, so that it only contains/applies these settings .. not sure if it would work because I'ne not tested this yet .. and the app is still busy, so I cannot test it now. Will examine this later.

Another thing I'd like to see in future: when using the Mitchell-AA-filter, the lines in the render settings panel 'squish' due to the separate parameter line (s. attachment). I'd assume an extra line in the panels height could solve this? (Oookay, it's really just some kind of 'cosmetic' .. but .. yea ..)

Aaand .. I have Chaotica currently running on a full-HD-laptop with 125% global scaling. The headlines of the panels are a bit big (to see in the attachment as well). Also only 'cosmetics' ..

----
And last but not least: thank you very much for sharing this amazing app! :worship:
Chaotica is - for me - the queen of flame fractal rendering engines and gives by far the most precious results of all flame-renderers I've seen so far. Thanks, thanks, thanks! =)

Attachments:
chaoticaatabsquish.jpg
chaoticaatabsquish.jpg [ 41.35 KiB | Viewed 99134 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:22 pm 

Hello. I'm getting a verification error with my Studio license.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:08 am 

May I suggest adding a feature to check for updates in the non-appstore version of the app on macOS?
Thank you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:06 am 

maXemaeLean wrote:
2. presets menu and ability to load and save them: very useful!
.. buuut: currently always (all?) render and imaging settings are saved, right?
Some kind of checkboxes (or something similiar) that can be un/checked for imaging and render settings separately when saving a preset would be nice. I wonder if it would be possible.
In very most cases I don't want any imaging settings (cause they are usually individual for every single flame) but 'quick access' to different image resolutions and/or aspect ratios. I'd assume the .chaoticapreset-file could be edited by hand, so that it only contains/applies these settings .. not sure if it would work because I'ne not tested this yet .. and the app is still busy, so I cannot test it now. Will examine this later.

Hi,
It doesn't work like this in 2.2.2, but for 2.2.3 I've made it so that you can have just some settings in the preset file, and it will apply just those.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:45 pm 

Nick wrote:
maXemaeLean wrote:
.. I'd assume the .chaoticapreset-file could be edited by hand, so that it only contains/applies these settings .. not sure if it would work because I'ne not tested this yet .. and the app is still busy, so I cannot test it now. Will examine this later.

It doesn't work like this in 2.2.2, but for 2.2.3 I've made it so that you can have just some settings in the preset file, and it will apply just those.

Hi Nick,
cooL!.. that's quite nice. :clap:
Yes, I've tested this already with 2.2.2 (deleted the lines excluding those for width/height in the preset-file) and it caused a crash when applying. (try'n'fail never grows old, eh? ;) ..) But nice that it's generally possible and will come in future.

PS* Is there a special reason for storing the presets in the OS'/UserData- instead of Chaoticas program-folder?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:25 pm 

maXemaeLean wrote:
Nick wrote:
maXemaeLean wrote:
.. I'd assume the .chaoticapreset-file could be edited by hand, so that it only contains/applies these settings .. not sure if it would work because I'ne not tested this yet .. and the app is still busy, so I cannot test it now. Will examine this later.

Hi Nick,
cooL!.. that's quite nice. :clap:
Yes, I've tested this already with 2.2.2 (deleted the lines excluding those for width/height in the preset-file) and it caused a crash when applying. (try'n'fail never grows old, eh? ;) ..) But nice that it's generally possible and will come in future.

PS* Is there a special reason for storing the presets in the OS'/UserData- instead of Chaoticas program-folder?

Yup, the program folder is not always writable by the program. The userdata folder is though. (Think multiple user accounts on a single computer)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:26 pm 

mjkl wrote:
Hello. I'm getting a verification error with my Studio license.

Hi, Send an email to billing@glaretechnologies.com or request a reset via your order page and we can get this sorted.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:46 am 

Is it possible to use the same Chaotica License on 2 computers, both of which are mine?
Thanks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:58 pm 

orange_wedge wrote:
Is it possible to use the same Chaotica License on 2 computers, both of which are mine?

(Oh my, if nobody else answers .. but I have to say, that I'm relatively new to Chaotica, so that I don't know it for sure.)

AFAIK no, because the license seems to be kinda 'bound' on specific hardware components (CPU/GPU). So I'd assume that it (already from the 'technical' aspect) wouldn't work on a machine with different hardware components.

And for 'the other' thing .. let me quote from the license.txt:
Quote:
This License is an installation of the software on one PC with no limit to the number of cores or CPUs in the PC. Multiple users may not access the installation of the software concurrently. Any additional installations of the software that are accessed via the network functionality must be licensed seperately.

Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

Offline Profile