http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/ch ... 2.0.20.msi

Windows portable:
http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/ch ... v2.0.20.7z

Mac OSX:
http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/Ch ... 2.0.20.pkg

Linux:
http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/ch ... .20.tar.gz

Changelog:
* Added encoding of batch animation renderings into h264 video after the last frame is rendered. (Only on Windows curren
tly)
* Added bitrate setting to settings dialogue.

Please let me know if the video encoding works for you!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:59 pm 

Hi Nick,

Just curious, does this update include the enhancement of being able to save and restore animation timeline and keyframe settings?

This is such a crucial feature, as I often find that with previous versions, when changes need to be made to animations after they are rendered and Chaotica closed, it has not been possible.

Thanks for all of the updates to version 2, which I'm using frequently here, and have been a registered user since version 1.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:38 pm 

The H264 render worked fine on Windows 10 Pro x64.

Did a quick test 360p render 10 seconds long, and it looked good in VLC on playback.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:43 am 

Infratime wrote:
Hi Nick,

Just curious, does this update include the enhancement of being able to save and restore animation timeline and keyframe settings?

This is such a crucial feature, as I often find that with previous versions, when changes need to be made to animations after they are rendered and Chaotica closed, it has not been possible.

Thanks for all of the updates to version 2, which I'm using frequently here, and have been a registered user since version 1.

Yes this should be fixed by now. Let me know if it's not.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:43 am 

Infratime wrote:
The H264 render worked fine on Windows 10 Pro x64.

Did a quick test 360p render 10 seconds long, and it looked good in VLC on playback.

Great :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:50 pm 

Hi Nick,

On the topic of saving/restoring animation timeline keyframe data, I'm unable to confirm that this is working properly.

I had assumed, perhaps erroneously, that the steps for saving and reloading a saved animation, would involve two steps:

1. First, Saving/Opening the World associated with the animation.

2. Saving and Restoring the State (under the Tools menu).

But with these two things, I've not been able to save and restore all of the parameters of the World and the Animation timeline.

As time permits, and just to make sure that I'm going about this the right way, could you let me know exactly the steps to test this?

It would be helpful to better understand the procedure for reliably saving and restoring it all to its original saved state.

Again, here using Chaotica on Windows 10 x64. Thanks in advance for your help, and I'm really looking forward to this enhancement.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:53 pm 

Infratime:
For resuming an animation, I would recommend just loading the world file, then manually setting the current frame to where you are up to with the rendering. I wouldn't bother saving and restoring state - that is just for restoring the rendering info for a single frame.

Offline Profile