http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/ch ... 2.0.15.msi

Windows portable:
http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/ch ... v2.0.15.7z

Mac OSX:
http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/Ch ... 2.0.15.pkg

Linux:
http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/ch ... .15.tar.gz

Changelog:
* Added Edit Name, Remove, and Add Worlds actions to a right click/context menu for the World browser.
* Drawing final/camera transforms as grey.
* Fixed bug where knots on curve editor were not selectable with some high DPI settings.
* Added support for opening .flame and .chaos files in Chaotica via drag and drop onto Chaotica.
* Fixed issue with render status updates stopping after first frame in batch/anim render.
* Remembering last output dir selected for batch mode output dir selector.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:01 pm 

Hey Nick,

Great job on the fixing ;) but are you sure you updated all the file links?
I have tried the standalone and installer and in both I still have the same issues that I cannot select or move the knots and final transform isn't grey.

But hey because you said it is because of DPI.. I just moved the window to my second screen which has 1920x1080 resolution and now I can move them without problems, lol.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:36 am 

Jasperb86 wrote:
Great job on the fixing ;) but are you sure you updated all the file links?
I have tried the standalone and installer and in both I still have the same issues that I cannot select or move the knots and final transform isn't grey.

I think so... Are you using Chrome as a browser? It can be quite aggressive about caching previous downloads. Try using a different browser to re-download the 2.0.15 installer.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:24 am 

The 'render queue' trick is working beautifully thus far. Thank you, Nick! You are seriously awesome. I woke to a batch of color samples and am thrilled.

This is the behavior I get from it in case you want to verify it's doing what you want (it's great for me):
* Sometimes needs a pause/resume to start
* Can be cleared out/refilled as needed
* Clicking from title to title in the world browser starts the render of that file, but it will progress normally if first world/chaos file is selected
* PNG name files based on IFS name

I am noticing I miss the 'save alpha' on the render settings. This was handy in case I wanted to save a second copy of the file with alpha on the fly rather than as a universal preference for all files.

In 1.5.8, I was able to move the various palettes around from one side to the other or reshuffle them as needed. Presently, when they're taken from the main window pane, they won't redock to another location, or even their same location. A total layout reset is required to bring them back. (Would love a 'camera transforms' section in the dreamiest of dream worlds as a dockable option like this, but that's deep into the weeds of silly wishlist land.)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:56 pm 

^save alpha channel is in Tools -> Settings.

Thanks Nick, it worked now that I've downloaded it through IE instead of Chrome :) awesomeness!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Chaotica 2. Beta license
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:13 pm 

Hello Nick!

I've been playing around with the Chaotica betas for a while and now I'd like to start saving up for a license, is there a way to buy one for 2.0? There are no links to it on the store.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:22 pm 

Hey Nick,

Some other small minor things, I noticed that on the Random world generator you can set Min iterators to 3 and Max iterators to 2 at minimum, can you please change both to 1 or 2 if 1 gives problems ;)
And the following, but this might be a personal issue, I can only use 2GB of 8GB GPU memory: Image

Also it would be great if you can add some things that are in Apophysis, like (arrow)buttons for scaling/moving transforms around a certain distance and/or percentage that can be changed.
Also (but I think other people have asked) more options for randomization, like changeable min-max values and being able to select which variations should be used and some sort of forced symmetry or being able to lock certain transforms so that they won't get affected by the randomization buttons.
Pretty sure adding stuff like this would help with the popularity of Chaotica even more ;)

Edit: There's one thing I wonder if other people have this too. It's very difficult to manually move stuff around in the editor, I have to click far outside (or inside) of the lines to be able to drag it and it's really annoying, it's always doing the exact opposite of what I want it to do. For instance, if I want to increase the size of a transform you expect you have to click and drag the arrow like thing on the edge, but I have to click approx 1-2cm under that in the dead center and sometimes that causes me to select just one of the sides instead and it will drag that, if you need an example I can make another video to explain it, maybe this is also happening because of different resolutions and multi-monitor setup?

As always thanks for your hard work you put into this!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:51 pm 

Curious, if I purchase the full license, does that unlock resolution limit in the Beta release?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:07 pm 

Love the GPU rendering feature and looking forward to pushing it harder on bigger images when I upgrade to 2.0.

Some quick feedback (Mac 10.14.5 with Radeon Pro 555X):

- the Beta installer overwrote my licensed version of Chaotica 1.5.8, I had to recover it from backup
- when all available OpenCL devices are selected and rendering, the UI is sluggish (this is user error in some ways but I wanted to see what would happen )
- you mentioned that some transformations are broken, in the case of 'edisc' if I negate the y-offset of the pre-affine in 2.0.15 then I can make the render look the same as 1.5.8.
- other renders without edisc look funny so I assume you are still working through other transformations
- otherwise Radeon rendering looks ok

Cheers!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:21 am 

If anyone does not see the openCL option in Ubuntu Linux, try sudo apt install ocl-icd-libopencl1
This should fix it

Offline Profile