It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:01 am 

Hey Nick,

For those of us that print for galleries, shows and other sales, it would be extremely helpful to add a TIFF (in compressed and uncompressed) image saving option as well as PNG-24 if the PNG option is currently PNG-8. I know the PNGs are quite optimized so I do wonder which kind of PNG it currently is.

Also I am really aghast to hear from many Chaotica users that GPU rendering really isn't the best when it comes to detail and accuracy. Is this a known issue that is going to be worked on or should I get some examples? In the next few months I will be upgrading to my first workstation so it would be very helpful to know whether to emphasize CPU or GPU power in my purchasing in order to provide people with the best quality high res prints. Like right now I'm still excited about the GPU abilities in the beta but I might go back to CPU if there are real accuracy concerns.

Also is 3D going to be reserved for Chaotica 3 or do you see 3D, volumetrics, particles, liquids etc being implemented for Chaotica 2? Just curious.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:04 am 

Hi, I am looking through the transforms file and I think you may have made a copy/paste mistake.

The sech and csch variations now appear to be the same. And since csch is using variable names from sech, this leads me to believe there is a copy/paste bug.

sech:

x = quartpi() * p_in.x
y = quartpi() * p_in.y
cschcos = cos(y)
cschsin = sin(y)
cschsinh = sinh(x)
cschcosh = cosh(x)
sechden = 2.0 / (cos(2.0 * y) + cosh(2.0 * x))
in
vec2(cschcos * cschcosh, cschsin * cschsinh) * (weight * sechden)

csch:

x = quartpi() * p_in.x
y = quartpi() * p_in.y
sechsin = sin(y)
sechcos = cos(y)
sechsinh = sinh(x)
sechcosh = cosh(x)
sechden = 2.0 / (cos(2.0 * y) + cosh(2.0 * x))
in
vec2(sechcos * sechcosh, sechsin * sechsinh) * (weight * sechden)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:53 am 

Seems I can't scroll right in the animation editor in Linux (the line just goes off the window when moving the frame slider)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:13 pm 

Can someone please add plusrecip? https://www.deviantart.com/dark-beam/ar ... -768139863https://www.deviantart.com/dark-beam/art/PlusRecip-edited-15-oct-768139863

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:10 pm 

lcg wrote:
Love the GPU rendering feature and looking forward to pushing it harder on bigger images when I upgrade to 2.0.

Some quick feedback (Mac 10.14.5 with Radeon Pro 555X):

- the Beta installer overwrote my licensed version of Chaotica 1.5.8, I had to recover it from backup
- when all available OpenCL devices are selected and rendering, the UI is sluggish (this is user error in some ways but I wanted to see what would happen )
- you mentioned that some transformations are broken, in the case of 'edisc' if I negate the y-offset of the pre-affine in 2.0.15 then I can make the render look the same as 1.5.8.
- other renders without edisc look funny so I assume you are still working through other transformations
- otherwise Radeon rendering looks ok

Cheers!

thta the nature if any GPU tasks.
if render with all GPU you, UI will freeze or at least sluggish, typically, people get a cheap graphics card for display only and 2nd fast GPU for rendering.

Offline Profile