http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/ch ... 2.0.14.msi

Windows portable:
http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/ch ... v2.0.14.7z

Mac OSX:
http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/Ch ... 2.0.14.pkg

Linux:
http://www.chaoticafractals.com/dist/ch ... .14.tar.gz

Changelog:
* Fixed editing of final camera viewing transformations.
* When changing the type of the transform, update node name to name of the new transform name if it was just the old transform name (or empty).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:13 am 

Hi
First, thank you for sharing the betas and the continued improvements, I really enjoy the program.
I have this very weird problem, that I can find no logical explanation for.
On my desktop PC I can not change the response curves. The dots are not moving at all.
It does not matter if I use CPU or GPU to render the images and the problem is present in both Windows and Linux on that machine.
On my laptop I do not have this problem, which makes this problem even weirder.
It does affect the render if I open parameters where the response curves has been changed, I just can't change them.
I have been a very happy user of the beta versions for a while now, but it would be nice to be able to use the curves on the desktop.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Best regards, Anders

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:51 pm 

System: iMac Pro High Sierra 10.13.6, operated by a clueless newbie. (So if you need 'caveman poking with a stick' feedback, that'd be me.)

I decided to check this out today, and the beta did overwrite my 1.5.8 install. I couldn't reinstall 1.5.8 alongside it at all, and had to remove the beta to reinstall 1.5.8. Thankfully, it appears to have saved my license information for 1.5.8. (Is there a link to a license purchase, key, or instructions, to enable larger render sizes for the beta?)

Noticed a dramatic speed improvement, enough so that I'd like to use this a lot more once the side-by-side installs are sorted (and/or larger renders are an option). The new random selection was a lot more varied than 1.5.8.

Amazed at how quick the updates are coming on this, and it's exciting to watch this develop.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:42 pm 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz
Win10 64bit Home

I noticed that while the camera transform visibility in world editor is fixed (YEY) that it does not look light grey as in 1.5.8 but rather it will take on the color of the next newest regular iterator. This can be very confusing to fractal designers because the grey is a nice neutral color and represents a break or finality in the series.

Also I notice if you add a new iterator the new iterator will resume the "coloring series," for example if your final transform was cyan, the next iterator added will be green.

I wonder if the addition/fixing of the final transform for 2.0.14 was coded from scratch (add transform with zero weights to other iterators, or something) or if any old code was reused (which might have the old coloring.)

Also not sure of the significance of all of this, like if there are other odd or missing final transform properties, others should experiment with it too as I cannot see anything else with it at this time, this was just a quick update.

Overall I cannot convey enough thanks for getting the entire thing up and running at nearly full speed though!!

All The Best,
technochroma
https://www.deviantart.com/technochroma

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:29 am 

technochroma wrote:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz
Win10 64bit Home

I noticed that while the camera transform visibility in world editor is fixed (YEY) that it does not look light grey as in 1.5.8 but rather it will take on the color of the next newest regular iterator. This can be very confusing to fractal designers because the grey is a nice neutral color and represents a break or finality in the series.

Also I notice if you add a new iterator the new iterator will resume the "coloring series," for example if your final transform was cyan, the next iterator added will be green.

I wonder if the addition/fixing of the final transform for 2.0.14 was coded from scratch (add transform with zero weights to other iterators, or something) or if any old code was reused (which might have the old coloring.)

Also not sure of the significance of all of this, like if there are other odd or missing final transform properties, others should experiment with it too as I cannot see anything else with it at this time, this was just a quick update.

Overall I cannot convey enough thanks for getting the entire thing up and running at nearly full speed though!!

All The Best,
technochroma
https://www.deviantart.com/technochroma

I have made the camera transform grey for the next build.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:32 pm 

andersdm wrote:
Hi
First, thank you for sharing the betas and the continued improvements, I really enjoy the program.
I have this very weird problem, that I can find no logical explanation for.
On my desktop PC I can not change the response curves. The dots are not moving at all.
It does not matter if I use CPU or GPU to render the images and the problem is present in both Windows and Linux on that machine.
On my laptop I do not have this problem, which makes this problem even weirder.
It does affect the render if I open parameters where the response curves has been changed, I just can't change them.
I have been a very happy user of the beta versions for a while now, but it would be nice to be able to use the curves on the desktop.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Best regards, Anders

I have this problem too, I hoped it would be gone now that I replaced my videocard, but it's still the same, so might be the CPU (AMD FX 8350) then or something else. I went from using an AMD HD 7950 (and used AMD cleanup utility to get rid of everything) then did a clean install of nVidia drivers for my new GTX 1070 Ti, but still cannot edit the curves. The nodes show up, but I can't move em, can only move the entire thing by holding right mouse button inside it and can zoom in and out by also holding Alt together with the right mouse button but that's about it.

I've learned to manually add something like the following between <real name="flam3_gamma_linear_threshold">0</real> and <table name="layer_weights">

Code:
         <curves>
            <curve name="overall">
               <table name="knots">
                  <values>0 0.34595957 0.4318182 0.6388889 1</values>
               </table>
               <table name="values">
                  <values>0 0.15656564 0.5909091 0.93434346 1</values>
               </table>
            </curve>
         </curves>

So this makes the curves and nodes show up, but I still can't move em. If i start from scratch this part is missing in the .chaos file unless I add it manually, hopefully this helps to figure it out Nick!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:39 pm 

Ok will have a look at the unmovable node problem tmrw :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:27 pm 

andersdm, Jasperb86, please see the private messages I sent you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 5:59 pm 

Hi Nick,
Thanks for looking in to it. I have seen your message, but this forum would not let me PM you.
Would it be okay if I posted the log here or sent you an email?

I just checked to see if the Palette editor works, and it does not. Same problem as with the Response curves and I get no blue dots in the either.
But if I click and drag randomly in the Palette editor, I am sometimes able to "grab" the dots or make new ones, though I am nowhere near them with the mouse. That is not the case with the Response curves.
My best guess is that the input from the mouse is not registered correctly. But think you will be able to tell from the log.

/Anders

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:37 am 

andersdm wrote:
Hi Nick,
Thanks for looking in to it. I have seen your message, but this forum would not let me PM you.
Would it be okay if I posted the log here or sent you an email?

I just checked to see if the Palette editor works, and it does not. Same problem as with the Response curves and I get no blue dots in the either.
But if I click and drag randomly in the Palette editor, I am sometimes able to "grab" the dots or make new ones, though I am nowhere near them with the mouse. That is not the case with the Response curves.
My best guess is that the input from the mouse is not registered correctly. But think you will be able to tell from the log.

/Anders

Hi,
Yeah feel free to email me the log, or try PMing again.
Thanks!

Offline Profile