It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Just bought chaotica
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:51 pm 

Hi there,

Recently I found Chaotica by chance (always the way!) and tried to contact the creators regarding licences etc. I sent 2 messages. It doesn't seem like they want to reply :( !! Despite this I took the plunge and bought the software, however I may have mistakenly licensed my laptop instead of my big PC.

I just wondered what I should do. If they don't reply that doesn't bode well for the future should I ever need to change hardware etc.

Despite this I really love what it can do, it's such an inspirational piece of software!

Best,

Michael

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Just bought chaotica
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:39 am 

make sure you upgrade it to an online license, and then just login on your machine. It will transfer.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:22 am 

You can always login through the app and it will check if your licence is valid. The one that reacts to hardware changes you just hit the reset button on the website and they will usually release it pretty quickly. Be warned tho the app ownership has been being transitioned to the original owner so its been very radio silent from the current dev team as they get the ducks in a row.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:02 pm 

Ah thank you! Just realised my posts have been approved. Thought it was me! Great and thanks both for explaining everything.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:28 pm 

No problem after checking the latest on the forum it looks like we may be getting a update relatively soon. lycium the current programmer posted October 5th that we will be having updates again soon with performance gains for modern GPUs.

If you are a Discord user there is a Discord called Fractal Chats that is run by the programmer of Chaotica. Should come up with a google search

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:34 pm 

An invite link is on my site as well. Lyc has put out a couple test builds, but it's definitely in the testing phase. It's coming and based on what I've seen, it will be a good update.

Offline Profile